ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bhadra, Jatin" <Jatin.Bha...@landg.com>
Subject RE: moving directories
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:31:06 GMT
I am guessing here. Is there some process keeping a lock on those files or
folders that left behind in source directory?

Jatin Bhadra
www.cmware.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Rizwan Merchant [mailto:rizwan@alpha-it.com]
Sent: 13 September 2005 17:07
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: moving directories

Hi,

I'm trying to move directories that have a certain pattern in their name to
another directory using the command below

                        <move todir="${backUp.dir}" failonerror="true">

                                    <fileset dir="${root.dir}">

                                                <include
name="${project.name}-*/**"/>

                                    </fileset>

                        </move>

So for example, I would like to move all directories (and all of their
contents) that have name of the pattern "UHM-*" to a backup directory. The
above command does move the directories over to the backup dir but not all
of the contents of the directories. It leaves behind the directories UHM-*
in the original directory and also creates the same in the backup directory.

Can anyone please tell me why the above command does not execute
successfully?

Thanks.

Rizwan Merchant

Software Developer

Alpha-IT Technologies

416-449-2166

rizwan@alpha-it.com

The following companies are subsidiary companies of the Legal & General Group Plc which
are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for advising and arranging
the products shown: Legal & General Partnership Services Limited (insurance and mortgages),
Legal & General Insurance Limited (insurance), Legal & General Assurance Society Limited
(life assurance, pensions and investments), Legal & General Unit Trust Managers Limited
and Legal & General Portfolio Management Services Limited (investments).

They are registered in England under numbers shown.
The registered office is Temple Court, 11 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4N 4TP.

Legal & General Partnership Services Limited: 5045000 Legal & General Assurance Society
Limited: 166055 Legal & General (Unit Trust Managers) Limited: 1009418 Legal &general
(Portfolio Management Services) Limited: 2457525 Legal & General Insurance Limited: 423930

They are registered with the Financial Services Authority under numbers shown. You can check
this at www.fsa.gov.uk/register

Legal & General Partnership Services Limited: 300792 Legal & General Assurance Society
Limited: 117659 Legal & General (Unit Trust Managers) Limited: 119273 Legal &general
(Portfolio Management Services) Limited: 146786 Legal & General Insurance Limited: 202050