ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [Junit] How to handle TestSuites correctly
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:09:44 GMT

The remark by Keith to look into forkmode="once" is still valid though. In
more details, Ant by default, with fork="true", forks a new JVM for each
TestCase class, which can indeed be expensive with a heavy initial setUp.
With forkmode="once", Ant forks a single JVM that executes all the
TestCases. Note that it's still the TestCases responsibility to do the
heavy-weight initialization only once, but that's usually easy to ensure.

The technique would allow one test to somehow corrupt the test environment
for subsequent tests, but the speed up benefit usually outweighs the loss in
test isolation / independence. --DD