ant-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Goktepe <andrewgokt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: moving from windows to unix
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:33:03 GMT
Start with these:
 - all <exec> calls within the build files
- any batch files that are used to setup environment variables and call Ant
will have to be converted to shell scripts with the appropriate syntax
- watch for backslashes anywhere and change them
- remember that files and directories in UNIX are case-sensitive, while this
is not true in Windows - any differences between the names as used in the
build scripts and those on the filesystem will be exposed as soon as you try
to run on UNIX.
- strip any DOS end-of-line characters out of your scripts (usually just an
annoyance, but can cause problems)
 I hope this helps.
 -Andrew