ant-user mailing list archives

From Troy Daniels <troy.dani...@baesystems.com>
Subject Re: Running a task between this hour and this hour
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:25:59 GMT
At 05:42 AM 9/15/2005, duvelbier-tsmets@yahoo.com wrote:

>Tx but ...
>The question was send to the ANT-ML to implement is via ANT... :)

Except that the right way to do this is to create a separate task that
generates the stats, the create a cron job to run ant and perform that task
at night.

What does he do if he needs to generate the stats at 2 in the
afternoon?  Try to remember the kludge he put in and disable it?  Or just
run ant with the nightly target?

If somebody asked you how to insert a screw using a hammer, I can think of
three answers:
a)  Hold the hammer at a 45 degree angle, and insert the edge into the
screw.  Rotate hammer.
b)  Bang on the screw like it's a nail.  Hope the threads cause the screw
to rotate.
c)  Use a screwdriver.

Which seems like the best answer?