ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: JSPC task.
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:27:32 GMT
We use a setup to pre-compile jsps under Tomcat using the info found at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jasper-howto.html

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: bachoo jahnkar [mailto:manutmct@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:20 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: JSPC task.

Hi

I am trying to precompile my JSP while deploying using ANT JSPC task. I
am running tomcat 4.0.3.

 <target name="compile" depends="init">
    <jspc
      destDir="${tomcat.home}/webapps/hst/javasrc/precompiledjsp"
      srcdir="${app.home}/java/htdocs"
      uriroot="${app.home}/java/htdocs"
      uribase="."
      verbose="2"
      compiler="jasper"
      classpathref="jspc.classpath">
        <include name="**/*.jsp"/>
     </jspc>

I am getting 2 problems.
1)Directory structure is not maintained. all the jsp are converted and
palced in the root directory instead of the original directory
structure.

2) The name of the converted file is index.java instead of
index$jsp.java. Becuase of this even when i precompile, tomcat is again
compiling the jsp with appropriate names.

Please help
Manu

TIAA-CREF