ant-user mailing list archives

From "Barak Yaish" <bya...@cloverleafcomm.com>
Subject RE: Jar task updated a jar without known reason
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:52:20 GMT
First of all, Thanks!

But can you tell WHY Ant touched my jar?

Regarding your second comment, if I'll omit the update flag, the jar will be recreated every
time the task is executed?

Thanks,

Barak.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Goktepe [mailto:andrewgoktepe@gmail.com]
Sent: ?? 01 ?????? 2005 16:46?
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Jar task updated a jar without known reason

You can use the <uptodate> task to compare timestamps between a set of files
and a target file. In your case, the set of files are your class files, and
the target file is your jar file.
 <target name="compile_cli">
 (your current contents of compile_cli here)
 <uptodate property="skip.jar" targetfile="${jars}/cli.jar">
 <srcfiles dir="${cli_output}" includes="project/manager/tools/CLI/**"/>
 </uptodate>
</target>
 <target name="jar_cli" unless="skip.jar" depends="compile_cli">
 <jar destfile="${jars}/cli.jar"
basedir="${cli_output}"
includes="project/manager/tools/CLI/**"
update="true"
/>
</target>
 Also, are you sure you want update="true" on the jar task? This will add
files to the previously-built jar rather than creating a new one. If you
remove files from your source, the jar will still keep the outdated files.
 -Andrew