ant-user mailing list archives

From "Barak Yaish" <bya...@cloverleafcomm.com>
Subject RE: Find - is there parallel ant task?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:18:55 GMT
I'm appreciating the useful answer - I'm doing my very first steps with ant and not aware yet
to all its features, so questions I cannot answer using google or ant site, I'm directing
to the list.

Your suggestion is work, of course. Now I'm looking for a way to find a set of files, which
are newer than a certain file (sometimes an hard coded timestamp is not available in my project).
As I saw in Date selector, the comparison is based on hard coded timestamp, millis, etc. Can
you, please, suggest a way to define a fileset newer than a certain file?

Thanks,

Barak.

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Levy-Lambert [mailto:antoine@gmx.de]
Sent: ?? 13 ?????? 2005 18:28?
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Find - is there parallel ant task?

Barak Yaish wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to find a set of files, which are newer than a certain file (or time stamp).
Is this possible to be done using ant?

>Thanks,
>
>Barak.

What you want is possible using filesets, selectors, and the pathconvert
task.
Look at the Concepts and Types section of the manual.

What you want is roughly something like

<project name="test">
<fileset id="myfileset" dir="foo/bar">

 <date datetime="01/01/2001 12:00 AM" when="after"/>

</fileset>
<pathconvert targetsos="unix" refid="myfileset"
property="myfileset.asproperty"/>
<echo>myfileset is ${myfileset.asproperty}</echo>
</project>

Cheers,

Antoine