ant-user mailing list archives

From "Barak Yaish" <bya...@cloverleafcomm.com>
Subject Jar task updated a jar without known reason
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:18:16 GMT
Hello,

In my build file, javac and jar task are called in order to create a jar for my project.
First time these tasks were called, the source files got compiled and a jar was created just
fine. Without changing anything in the source files, I ran again the tasks.
Nothing happened in javac task, as expected, but the jar task changed the time stamp of the
jar. The question is: why? A check I did rais that the Ant change the time stamp of the manifest
file, even without changing its content. For some reasons, it is very important to me that
the time stamp of the jar file wouldn't be changed unless a source file changed.
This is how the jar task is written in my build file:

<target name="jar_cli" depends="compile_cli">
<jar destfile="${jars}/cli.jar"
                        basedir="${cli_output}"
                        includes="project/manager/tools/CLI/**"
                        update="true"
            />
</target>

Can someone explain me please how can I avoid such situation?

Thanks,

Barak.