ant-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Vervelle <nicolas.verve...@steria.com>
Subject Re: AW: <exec> problem under Mac OS X + Eclipse
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:40:40 GMT
I have got some answers from my MacOSX/Eclipse user :
(The full path for xgettext is /usr/local/bin/xgettext)

The result of executing the build from Eclipse when priniting env.PATH :
- PATH: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

But he also added a <exec> task for "which" :
<exec executable="which" dir="${src.dir}"
   failonerror="false" failifexecutionfails="false">
     <arg value="xgettext"/>
   </exec>
Result: /usr/local/bin/xgettext
And same kind of test for a non existing executable ("nonsense") :
no nonsense in . /usr/local/NMRPipe/nmrbin.mac
/usr/local/NMRPipe/special /usr/local/NMRPipe/com /usr/local/CPMD
/usr/local/g03 /opt/ibmcmp/xlf/8.1/bin /Users/rkanters/bin
/usr/local/bin /usr/local/mysql/bin /usr/bin /bin /usr/sbin /sbin
/usr/local/NMRPipe/dynamo/tcl

In conclusion, it's very strange :
- PATH does not contain the full list of paths
- but if you execute "which" from inside the build, "which" has the
correct list of paths.

Any more idea ?