ant-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Vervelle <nicolas.verve...@steria.com>
Subject Re: <apply> and failifexecutionfails
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:21:45 GMT

cefn.hoile@bt.com wrote:

>I must admit that this area seems to be a real shortcoming in existing ANT tasks - not
being able to reliably swallow errors in subtasks, whatever they may be.

>When I was trying to solve this problem before, there were suggestions as to how I can
check that the specific task (tomcat undeploy) would succeed before executing it, rather than
being able to support a failonerror property. This pre-validation is of course much more complex
and less useful for similar problems but which aren't for tomcat related tasks.

>Is there a straightforward way to create a Task which swallows errors generically, regardless
of the type of task. Can it be built?

I didn't try it but when I was looking for a solution to my problem I
saw that ant-contrib has a <try> tak.
They are speaking about catching BuildException, not sure if it would
catch other.