ant-user mailing list archives

From Barry White <bwh...@fotango.com>
Subject Re: Specifying the java runtime for Ant
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:47:30 GMT
Hi Andy,

are you just trying to ensure that your sources will compile to be, say,
1.3 compliant? This was a problem that I faced for a while and I believe
it was solved on this mailing list. I thought specifying
source/target=1.3 should or would be enough but it is not - you have to
specify the bootclasspath:

<javac source="1.3"
        target="1.3"
        bootclasspath="C:/Java/jdk1.3.1_16/jre/lib/rt.jar"
        srcdir="${source}"
        destdir="${classes}" />

Hoping that this was your problem ;)

Barry