ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to use "ant:current" attribute in ant1.6?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:43:00 GMT
kevin wrote:
> how to use "ant:current" attribute in ant1.6?
>  I'm a chinese programer.When i used ant with "antlib" speciality,I don't
> know what is the difference between "xmlns:antlib=..." and "ant:current" in
> the antlib configure of the ant manual version 1.6.5...
> I'm puzzled with these two attributes..I think tow attributes are same...:-(
> Some one can tell me and explain for me?? THX :-)

The ant:current stuff is only of relevance if you are writing antlib.xml
files. If you are using them, ignore ant:current completely.

The ant:current stuff is there because inside an antlib, you can never
know in advance what namespace someone is going to declare that your
declarations belong to, so you cannot hard code it into your
declarations. ant:current is a special namespace, meaning "the namespace
that your antlib is being declared into". As such, it will probably be
different for every antlib.

Is that clearer?

-steve