ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scoped variables in macrodefs using entity includes.
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:03:13 GMT
I don't see how this really helps, I'm sorry ;-)

The problem is when you invoke *several times* a macrodef that uses
<property> internally. You would need to use a different prefix (that
what your entity is equivalent to) for the different runs of the same
macro to use different property names.

Which is why the 'canonical' work-around is to base the name of the
<property>s used on some likely-to-be-unique param of the macro
itself, and do ${@{param}suffix} to reference the 'internal' property.

One could also of course have the macro require an extra param to be
used as the uniq key or prefix to be used by internal properties, but
that's pushing on a client of the macro something she shouldn't be
aware of. --DD