ant-user mailing list archives

From "Arthur Klimowicz" <art...@rogers.com>
Subject Really New to Ant - problem w/ set up.
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:27:15 GMT
I need Ant to work with a product called, "Thinkmap SDK".

Thinkmap works ok. It also has Ant in its SDK, but it is not installed. I am
using Windows XP pro.

I set ANT_HOME: C:\PROGRA~1\THINKM~1.5ST\PACKAGER\APACHE~1.1\BIN>
(DOS for C:\Program Files\Thinkmap SDK 2.5 Standard
Edition\packager\apache-ant-1.6.1\bin)
Without setting ANT_HOME I got error saying "ant" is not a commant...

When I start Thinkmap server, it says "Using JAVA_HOME:
C:\Sun\AppServer\jdk".

I copied my command.com (Windows XP) into C:\Program Files\Thinkmap SDK 2.5
Standard Edition\packager\apache-ant-1.6.1\bin

I get an error saying it cannot find "tools.jar" in C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\lib\tools.jar. The only tools.jar on my computer is
in C:\Sun\AppServer\jdk\lib\tools.jar. So I set JAVA_HOME to
C:\Sun\AppServer\jdk, but then the Thinkmap server complains that JAVA_HOME
is not set correctly.

Can someone help this very green developer?
Many thanks,
Arthur