ant-user mailing list archives

From jful...@ruminate.co.uk
Subject RE: Find - is there parallel ant task?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:27:45 GMT
"Barak Yaish" <byaish@cloverleafcomm.com> wrote ..
> I'm appreciating the useful answer - I'm doing my very first steps with
> ant and not aware yet to all its features, so questions I cannot answer
> using google or ant site, I'm directing to the list.
>
> Your suggestion is work, of course. Now I'm looking for a way to find a
> set of files, which are newer than a certain file (sometimes an hard coded
> timestamp is not available in my project). As I saw in Date selector, the
> comparison is based on hard coded timestamp, millis, etc. Can you, please,
> suggest a way to define a fileset newer than a certain file?

What other way is there to know if a file is 'newer' other then comparing file timestamps?
perhaps u also want to know if there is a delta between files? Ant has many selectors for
refining how to 'select' a file.

Perhaps u are looking for something a bit more procedural, I would suggest checking out the
<outofdate/> task contained in the useful ant-contrib lib

http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/index.html

otherwise what u want is achievable, as prev mentioned with selectors (which creates the fileset
that can be used by other tasks), and if u need to print it out use pathconvert.

gl, Jim Fuller