ant-user mailing list archives

From Petar Tahchiev <paranoia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Referencing External .class Files In Classpath
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:31:38 GMT
On 26/08/05, Stephen Morrison <s.f.morrison@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 Aug 2005, at 12:35, Petar Tahchiev wrote:

uses some Apple
not as jars. They
I can compile and
command line as

MyProgram.java

MyProgram

functionality using Ant
classpath?

anything to work yet.

task to pass arguments
srcdir=""

"Could not
this as

I still got the
for my by my IDE
missing something

> >> http://ant.project.name> <

code">

-->

build and dist

But I

I'm

> [...]
> >>
> >> I think the jar is in the right place. Xcode allows you to modify the
> >> path where it searches for the ant installation and this is currently
> >> pointing to the correct place where I copied the file. Also, before I
> >> was referring to it wrongly and the project wouldn't compile saying it
> >> couldn't find compilerargs. When I fixed this it compiled OK. So I'm
> >> pretty sure its finding the compilerarg task OK.
> >>
> >> As for the error I get its this:
> >>
> >> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> >> com/apple/cocoa/application/NSSpeechSynthesizer
> >> at SpeechSynthesiser.<init>(SpeechSynthesiser.java:11)
> >> at Game.<init>(Game.java:35)
> >>
> >> The package its referring to is the Apple Cocoa speech synthesizer
> >> package. This is found on Macs in the folder /System/Library/Java
> >> which is the path I am pointing too. Like I said earlier if I use
> >> javac from the command line and not ant it picks this up OK. So I'm
> >> pretty certain the error is somewhere in my build.xml file. As it was
> >> system generated (minus the few additions I've made to try and fix
> >> this) I'm not sure if its 100% correct.
> >

> > First of all I want to say that in my opinion your code looks fine. I
> > am a
> > little bit astonished by the part:
> > <javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${bin}" includeAntRuntime="no"
> > classpathref="lib.path" debug="${compile.debug}">
> > <compilerarg value="-classpath"/>
> > <compilerarg value="/System/Library/Java/"/>
> > </javac>
> > Maybe, I am not quite sure, so maybe there is a problem when using
> > classpathref and <compilerarg value="-classpath"/>. I don't know
> > whether
> > some kind of confrontation could arise. Let me suggest you something.
> > You
> > have a
> > <path id="lib.path">
> > <fileset refid="lib.jars"/>
> > </path>
> > defined. Why don't you just add your folder to this path and then call
> > classpathref="lib.path" in your javac task. Something like this should
> > work:
> > <path id="lib.path">
> > <fileset refid="lib.jars"/>
> > <fileset dir="/System/Library/Java">
> > <include name="**/*.*"/>
> > </fileset>
> > </path>
> > Also tell me does your code now compile and breaks down during
> > execution or
> > you can't compile it at all?
> > --
> > Regards, Petar!
>
> The other method you suggested doesn't work either :-(
>
> I hadn't thought about whether it breaks during compilation or
> execution. It breaks during execution. It compiles OK and once the
> program loads up and attempts to find the NSSpeechSynthesizer object it
> breaks. I guess this means that its finding the path OK during
> compilation and the problem is something else??

> Well then the solution is quite simple. Your files are not in the jar file
so the JVM can't locate them. You have to insert them in the jar file in
order to use them. Use something like the copy task to copy them in your
jar's document root or wherever you like them. Also you might want to start
the jar file from the command line in order to be sure that the problem is
in ANT. If theproblems continue, please let me know. Hope that helps.

--
Regards, Petar!