ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Senger <sen...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Empty arguments on the command-line under windows
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 02:43:02 GMT
My <java> task is (shortened):

<java classname="MosesGenerators" taskname="Service(s)"
   classpathref="moses.build.classpath" fork="true" failonerror="true">
   <arg value="-cacheDir"/>
   <arg file="${registry.cache.dir}"/>
   <arg value="-s"/>
</java>

Before invoking it I set an empty value to ${registry.cache.dir} unless it
is already set:

<condition property="registry.cache.dir" value="">
</condition>

If the value is indeed empty, I would expect that my java class gets three
command-line arguments like this:
   -cacheDir "" -s

And, indeed, it does - but only under linux. Under windows the empty
argument disappears:
   -cacheDir -s

This may be a native way how Windows deals with such situation, so Ant
cannot do much about it. Could anybody conform this, or advise me how to
make it work on both OS?

   Thanks you very much for your help,
   Martin

--