ant-user mailing list archives

From Basel Ahmed <Basel.Ah...@fds.com>
Subject RE: regular expression help
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 13:42:14 GMT
Here's a code snippet that does what you'd like to do with
<propertyregexp>.

<propertyregex property="regexp.name"
              input="Foo Bar Blah Blah"
              regexp="([A-Za-z]+)"
              replace="myPrefix\1"
              global="true"
              casesensitive="false" />

The result is:
     [echo]  Regular expression is: myPrefixFoo myPrefixFoo myPrefixFoo
myPrefixFoo

Basel Ahmed
Federated Systems Group
Site Build & Launch (Duluth)
basel.ahmed@fds.com
678-474-3203

"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have and only you
can determine how it will be spent. Be careful, lest you let others spend
it for you." --Rod McKuen

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever. " -- Mahatma Gandhi

"Don't argue for other people's weaknesses. Don't argue for your own. When
you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it--immediately."
-- Stephen Covey

             <hind.lwahhabi@ac
             centure.com>
             08/02/2005 09:21          <user@ant.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: regular expression help
             "Ant Users List"
             <user@ant.apache.
                   org>

Do you mean:
<propertyregexp property="testprefix"  regexp="\w*" replace="myPrefix"/>
But then all the words would be replaced by the prefix , no?
Forgive me i ama beginner in regular expressions:)

Hind Lwahhabi.
Accenture Belgium - Financial Services & Insurance
Koningstraat 145 Rue Royale, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
mobile: +32 499567544
phone: + 32 2 226 75 44
E-mail:hind.lwahhabi@accenture.com