ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Benussi" <mark_benu...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Eclipse input task -inputhandler
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 06:37:04 GMT
Worked like a dream Darin, well done that man!

-----Original Message-----
From: Darin Swanson [mailto:Darin_Swanson@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 05 August 2005 15:47
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Eclipse input task -inputhandler

Eclipse has an input handler for both same and separate JREs in the 3.1
release.
I highly recommend moving to the Eclipse 3.1 release.

Darins

Jeffrey E Care/Raleigh/IBM@ibmus
08/05/2005 04:22 AM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List"

"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Eclipse input task -inputhandler

You shouldn't need to specify an input handler, so long as you are running

in the same JRE as the workspace (look on the "JRE" tab of your "External
Tools" run configuration).

I'm pretty sure that under 3.0 & earlier Eclipse will not prompt you if
you run your Ant build in different VM than the workspace; I do vaguely
recall something in the 3.1 plan to add prompting for external VMs, but I
can't say for sure.

JEC
--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer

"Mark Benussi" <mark_benussi@hotmail.com>
08/05/2005 07:04 AM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List"

"'Ant Users List'" <user@ant.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Eclipse input task -inputhandler

I know this may have been asked before but I just don't get the docs.

How do I configure the -inputhandler to ensure the input task prompts me
visually?

I am using Eclipse 3.0 (Was using WSAD 5.0 but downgraded :-()