ant-user mailing list archives

From Robin Darby <ro...@i-next.co.uk>
Subject Code Cache Problem
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:36:55 GMT
Hello,

     I'm using ANT as a formalized build system/script for a soap
like (like, cuss i rolled my own :) web-site deployment system.

Everything has been working great, but my (nasty) sysadmin man has
slapped a RLimitMem statement into my development box apache conf...
grrr.
Now when my system executes ANT i get a nasty "Error occurred during
initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for code cache" error thrown back @ me.

I did manage to find the "ANT_OPTS" env var, and the
"XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize" java vm argument, but the combination
doesn't seem to have any effect (but no error messages).

Has anyone any advice on how to reduce my memory usage/ come across
this problem before?
My development box is running Linux, Java version "1.4.2_06" and ANT
1.6.2.

Heavy drinking doesn't seem to help :(...

Thanks
     Robin...

Robin Darby                                                  Web:
http://www.i-next.co.uk/
Development Engineer                                 Phone: +44 (0)
870 220 1274
I-Next Ltd. - Integrated Web Site Management:   +44 (0)870 220 1275
This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your
system.