ant-user mailing list archives

From <pritesh.saha...@wipro.com>
Subject Copy task and timestamp
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 13:23:13 GMT

Hi All,
          While you use Copy task it will change the timestamp of that
file, i.e. if "old.txt" file was created on July 12, 2000 when you copy
this file on Aug 12, 2005 to certain location Copy task will change its
timestamp(or modified date) to Aug 12, 2005, hope people are getting me.
What I want is that Copy task should not change the date modified of the
old.txt file, it should retain the same old date.
How can this be achieved, can anybody give thought on this.
Actually changing of modified date doesn't give the clear picture what
was the actual modified date of the particular file.
Can any one help me out?

Wishes
Pritesh

Confidentiality Notice