ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Dependencies in reverse?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:00:14 GMT
> From: eph1v3t8-antu9688@mailblocks.com [mailto:eph1v3t8-
>
> Is there some way to use a mapper to translate one list of files into
> another?
>
> And, how would I generate a list that skips over the directories that
> don't exist under src?
>
> (Should I just give up and write a perl script?)

Perhaps, if you already know Perl well. I would myself write a custom
selector (or task) in either Java code directly, or as a <script> in
JavaScript. It may be possible to coerce existing Ant tasks to achieve your
goal, but I suspect it would be difficult and ugly.

Better to design a custom fit solution IMHO. In Perl (you could <exec> it
;-) or in Ant. It's not difficult to extend Ant. Just give it a try. --DD

PS: In Ant 1.7 (CVS HEAD), you can directly script custom selectors.
    Prior to that (1.6.x), you can only script tasks. (AFAIK)