ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Morrison <s.f.morri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Referencing External .class Files In Classpath
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:44:30 GMT

On 24 Aug 2005, at 16:56, Petar Tahchiev wrote:

> On 24/08/05, Stephen Morrison <s.f.morrison@gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://ant.project.name>}.jar"/>

>>> task and if you want to use it you have to download the tasks from
>>> the
>>> ant-contrib site: http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/, also an
>>> installation
>>> howto is available there. But instead try this
>>> <javac .........>
>>> <classpath>
>>> <pathelement location="yourdir"/>
>>> </classpath>
>>> </javac>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards, Petar!
>>

>> Thanks for your help so far but I still can't get it to work. Firstly
>> I tried the additions to javac that you outlined above but I still got
>> the class not found error. I then tried downloading the ant-contrib
>> task. I have referenced this as outlined in the documentation and
>> copied the jar file to my lib directory of my project. But I still get
>> the could not create task error. Below is the code I added to my
>> build.xml file. Is this correct?
>>
>> <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties">
>> <classpath>
>> <pathelement location="./lib/ant-contrib.jar" />
>> </classpath>
>> </taskdef>
>>
>> <compilerarg line="-classpath /System/Library/Java"/>
>>
>> I suppose that the problem is that you may have not copied the
> ant-contrib-version.jar to your $ANT_HOME/lib folder. I am still
> curious
> that
> <javac srcdir="" destdir="">
> <classpath>
> <pathelement location="yourdir"/>
> </claspath>
> </javac>
> doesn't work. Remember that you must ignore the package folders when
> pointing "yourdir". Point only the top-root forlder.
>
> --
> Regards, Petar!

You were right I hadn't copied the file to the $ANT_HOME/lib folder.
But after doing that it now runs, but still gives the class not found
error.  There are 2 possible problems as I can see it.  Either I'm
referring to the directory wrongly, or else I haven't defined the
compilerarg statement correctly.

When I refer to my directory which is /System/Library/Java this is the
reference from the root folder on my hard drive, and is the top root
folder of the package I want to use.  Could it be that Ant is looking
for that folder from within the current folder my Ant project is stored
in and not the root folder of my computer?  In which case how can I get
it to point to the computers root directory?  I thought starting with /
would do that.

Alternatively I could be defining the compilerarg statement wrongly.
Firstly I have placed it within the <javac> tags.  Is this the correct
location?  Also, is the compilerarg statement below the correct way to
carry out the javac command line statement below it?

<compilerarg line="-classpath /System/Library/Java"/>

javac -classpath /System/Library/Java:. MyProgram.java

Thanks.