ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Morrison <s.f.morri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Referencing External .class Files In Classpath
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:12:17 GMT

On 26 Aug 2005, at 12:35, Petar Tahchiev wrote:

> On 25/08/05, Stephen Morrison <s.f.morrison@gmail.com> wrote:

some Apple
as jars. They
I can compile and
line as

to pass arguments
srcdir=""

my by my IDE

>> http://ant.project.name> <

and dist

>> http://ant.project.name>}.jar"/>

>>> I am in a hurry right now so I will look further on your problem
>>> tommorow
>>> morning. Meanwhile you may try to test your application via console
> [...]
>>> is in
>>> plugins/ant-1.6/. Try to run ant from the command line, and also it
>>> would be
>>> useful if you supply the stackTrace. We don't know which class isn't
>>> found.
>>> Right?
>>> Hope that helps...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards, Petar!
>>>

>> Thanks Petar. I tried running ant from the command line and replied to
>> this mail with the results shortly before you sent your reply. If you
>> haven't yet seen it, it was just to say that I got the same problem
>> doing it that way.
>>
>> I think the jar is in the right place. Xcode allows you to modify the
>> path where it searches for the ant installation and this is currently
>> pointing to the correct place where I copied the file. Also, before I
>> was referring to it wrongly and the project wouldn't compile saying it
>> couldn't find compilerargs. When I fixed this it compiled OK. So I'm
>> pretty sure its finding the compilerarg task OK.
>>
>> As for the error I get its this:

>> com/apple/cocoa/application/NSSpeechSynthesizer
>> at SpeechSynthesiser.<init>(SpeechSynthesiser.java:11)
>> at Game.<init>(Game.java:35)
>>
>> The package its referring to is the Apple Cocoa speech synthesizer
>> package. This is found on Macs in the folder /System/Library/Java
>> which is the path I am pointing too. Like I said earlier if I use
>> javac from the command line and not ant it picks this up OK. So I'm
>> pretty certain the error is somewhere in my build.xml file. As it was
>> system generated (minus the few additions I've made to try and fix
>> this) I'm not sure if its 100% correct.
>

> First of all I want to say that in my opinion your code looks fine. I
> am a
> little bit astonished by the part:
>  <javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${bin}" includeAntRuntime="no"
> classpathref="lib.path" debug="${compile.debug}">
> <compilerarg value="-classpath"/>
> <compilerarg value="/System/Library/Java/"/>
> </javac>
> Maybe, I am not quite sure, so maybe there is a problem when using
> classpathref and <compilerarg value="-classpath"/>. I don't know
> whether
> some kind of confrontation could arise. Let me suggest you something.
> You
> have a
> <path id="lib.path">
> <fileset refid="lib.jars"/>
> </path>
> defined. Why don't you just add your folder to this path and then call
> classpathref="lib.path" in your javac task. Something like this should
> work:
> <path id="lib.path">
> <fileset refid="lib.jars"/>
> <fileset dir="/System/Library/Java">
> <include name="**/*.*"/>
> </fileset>
> </path>
> Also tell me does your code now compile and breaks down during

The other method you suggested doesn't work either :-(

I hadn't thought about whether it breaks during compilation or
execution.  It breaks during execution.  It compiles OK and once the
program loads up and attempts to find the NSSpeechSynthesizer object it
breaks.  I guess this means that its finding the path OK during
compilation and the problem is something else??