ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dick, Brian E." <Brian.D...@FMR.com>
Subject RE: Have the performance issues been resolved?
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:01:49 GMT
I believe I'm in the same performance boat as Ullrich Pollähne which he describes in the thread
"Performance difference between 1.6.1 and 1.6.4 (in eclipse)".

I'll take a stab at using the Performance Listener from antcontrib to see if I can pinpoint
the slowdown.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 6:31 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Have the performance issues been resolved?

Dick, Brian E. wrote:
> I'm currently using the 12/1/4 nightly build of 1.7alpha. I tried the GA
> build of 1.6.3, but the performance was horrible. A full build of my
> application using 1.7alpha takes about 15 minutes. It took 1.6.3 over an
> hour to do the same build.
>
> Have these performance issues been resolved with the later releases of
> ant. I would really like to be using a GA release.

you would have to download and see. Nobody else knows your project's
characteristics, or has the same hardware. What is important, is if you
can verify that there are perf. problems on a build of CVS_HEAD you make
yourself, then it is not too late for the problems to be identified and
fixed before a release of Ant1.7.

-steve