ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dick, Brian E." <Brian.D...@FMR.com>
Subject RE: Pattern matching the value of a property
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:47:24 GMT
Valid.bat

setlocal

set app_ver=%1

set app_ver=%app_ver:1=0%
set app_ver=%app_ver:2=0%
set app_ver=%app_ver:3=0%
set app_ver=%app_ver:4=0%
set app_ver=%app_ver:5=0%
set app_ver=%app_ver:6=0%
set app_ver=%app_ver:7=0%
set app_ver=%app_ver:8=0%
set app_ver=%app_ver:9=0%

if "%app_ver%" == "0.0.0"  (echo Version number %1 is valid & goto :end)
if "%app_ver%" == "0.0.00" (echo Version number %1 is valid & goto :end)

echo Version number %1 is not valid

:end

endlocal

-----Original Message-----
From: Bailey, David [mailto:David.Bailey@pearson.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:28 PM
To: 'user@ant.apache.org'
Subject: Pattern matching the value of a property

I have a wrapper which expects to receive a version string
(\d{1}\.\d{1}\.\d{1-2}), and pass it to Ant as a -DPROPERTY=VALUE pair.
want to perform validation on the version string to insure that it
actually
matches the specified pattern.

So far as I am aware, I can't do this validation in the wrapper (I'm
bound
by a Windows .bat file), but I believe I can do it in Ant.  However, all
of
the documentation I've read only concerns pattern matching in either
file
names or file contents.  Is there a task in the Ant canon, either the
'core'
tasks or the 'optional' tasks, which will do this for me?

For that matter, if anyone out there is a whiz at .bat files and can
explain
to me how to do the validation there, I'll be happy with that, too.

Thanks,
--dave

****
If you were not an intended recipient,