ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <>
Subject flattenmapper in war
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:47:12 GMT
I am having trouble figuring out where to use a 'flattenmapper' element.
The below is from the manual for the 'war' task with a slight change to
the 'lib' element:
<war destfile="myapp.war" webxml="src/metadata/myapp.xml">
  <fileset dir="src/html/myapp"/>
  <fileset dir="src/jsp/myapp"/>
  <lib dir="thirdparty/libs">
    <include name="**/*.jar"/>
  <classes dir="build/main"/>
  <zipfileset dir="src/graphics/images/gifs"
My question is what if the "thirdparty/libs" directory is structured as
a tree with subdirectories that contain jar files.  The war file would
need to contain just the jar files, not the structure where they were
stored in the "thirdparty/libs" directory.  How could the
'flattenmapper' element be used to fix this?  (This is for a build file
used by multiple projects which are each different).  Would a
pathconvert need to be used just before the 'war' task and then
referenced in the 'lib' some how?