ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: presentation on ant1.7 features
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:08:40 GMT
Pankaj Kumar wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Great presentation!
>
> I had a couple of thoughts after going through the presentation. I
> wrote about those at my blog:
> http://www.pankaj-k.net/archives/2005/08/ant17_for_build.html

1. No, its not a full programming language. go prove turing-equivalence
if you want to correct me on that. It still happily retains a workflow
model for building things, not a fancy BPEL-esque syntax for generic
workflow.

Once you do inline scripting you do get a real language; any of the ones
you choose to use.

2. I dont know if presetdefs carry on down or not. I think they may, but
you'd have to check. Stick them in an antlib and load it ever