ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SV: junit task problem
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:02:33 GMT
Ola Lie wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> The Java Communications API calls caused my problem. When I installed
> comm.jar og javax.comm.properties in the ant\lib directory and win32com.dll
> in the ant\bin directory, it worked all right.
>
> However, I do not know why this is necessary as long as I had the classpath
> set to the java directory where I originally installed java comm api.
>
> Best regards
> Ola

Adding native libraries to Java is trouble; you need to have them in one
of a few blessed places. As for javax.* packages, some are extra special
"endorsed libraries" that can only be updated in recent JVMs by also
putting them in special places.

Java Web Start works around some of this, so there may be tricks that
ant junit could use in future, if only we knew what they were...

-steve