ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Have the performance issues been resolved?
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 10:31:01 GMT
Dick, Brian E. wrote:
> I'm currently using the 12/1/4 nightly build of 1.7alpha. I tried the GA
> build of 1.6.3, but the performance was horrible. A full build of my
> application using 1.7alpha takes about 15 minutes. It took 1.6.3 over an
> hour to do the same build.
>
> Have these performance issues been resolved with the later releases of
> ant. I would really like to be using a GA release.

you would have to download and see. Nobody else knows your project's
characteristics, or has the same hardware. What is important, is if you
can verify that there are perf. problems on a build of CVS_HEAD you make
yourself, then it is not too late for the problems to be identified and
fixed before a release of Ant1.7.

-steve