ant-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Kakunin <>
Subject Ant file dependency
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:55:24 GMT
Hello all!

I'm quite new in ant, actuallyI'm migrating from make.
Seems it is really great tool, but I have some (probably very stupid)

For example, I have a target for compiling something by using
idl-compiler. To do it I should use exec task to make SomeFile.h from
SomeFile.idl. But I want to call this exec only in case the SomeFIle.idl
was changed (has later timestamp comparing to SomeFile.h). In this case
I have some sort of file dependency  (not a target dependency) - file
SomeFile.h depends from SomeFile.idl.

Is it possible to implement this sort of dependency in ant?

With best Regards,
Alexey Kakunin

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: