ant-user mailing list archives

From <cefn.ho...@bt.com>
Subject Workaround for no failonerror
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:30:52 GMT
I keep needing to ignore failures for tasks which don't themselves
support a "failonerror" attribute.

For example, I want to add a tomcat 'undeploy' task when doing a clean
build before redeploying the newly built warfile to tomcat.

But this fails if the the app is not already deployed, and stops the
clean and build halfway through. So I keep having to go in and edit the
build.xml to switch this task in and out manually.

The feature inlined below is accepted for Ant2, but Is there a
recognised way already in use to enclose an arbitrary task in some kind
of wrapper which swallows (ignores) errors where they don't matter,
allowing the build script to continue?

I am using Ant 1.6.2 embedded in Eclipse.

Cefn
http://cefn.com

>From  <http://ant.apache.org/ant2/requested-features.html>
http://ant.apache.org/ant2/requested-features.html - accepted new
features....

'Provide "failonerror"-like functionality to all tasks. (Provide this as
an aspect?? Much like logging aspect or classloader aspect).'