ant-user mailing list archives

From <eph1v3t8-antu9...@mailblocks.com>
Subject Dependencies in reverse?
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:25:41 GMT
I'm trying to write a target that will update files from a version
control system called "Razor", which is SCCS-based.  I have one
directory, some-path/SCCS, which is a tree of version control files,
and one directory other-path/src, which contains the corresponding
source files.  What I would like to do is update the files in src
(using the Razor program) whenever the file in SCCS is newer.  The
filenames under the two trees are the same except that the SCCS files
start with s., so I need to do some kind of mapping.   Three
complicating factors are:
      1) I want to update (check out) newly introduced files that exist
only in SCCS
     2) I want to skip directories that don't exist in src
      3) The file name that I give to the razor command needs to be the
src filename (without the s.)

I've been playing with this for a bit, and it looks like I should be
able to get the list of newer files using the "depend" selector.
However, I think that like will give me the list of newer files in the
SCCS directory, and in order to run the "razor" command, I need the
list of corresponding files under the src directory.

Is there some way to use a mapper to translate one list of files into
another?

And, how would I generate a list that skips over the directories that
don't exist under src?

(Should I just give up and write a perl script?)

Thanks!
       --Paul