ant-user mailing list archives

From nathan le <>
Subject [Ant 1.6.5] -classpath problems
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:47:49 GMT

I couldnt find anything to help me when searching the
archives/bug DB

I am trying to add some classpaths but when I try to
run ant it complains that the jar file cannot be found

I have checked spelling and that the jar file exists

If anyone has had similar problems pls can you help

NB As a test I wrote a java class to load a class and
print out a message if it fails and then tried to use
both the cp classpath and lib flags

none work

Figure 1. Test class
public class Test {
	Test test = new Test();
	ClassLoader loader =
	try {
	catch(ClassNotFoundException ecnf)
	System.out.println("CLASS NOT FOUND");

Figure 2. testBuild.xml
<project name="MyProject" default="main" basedir=".">

<target name="main">
<java classname="Test">
<classpath location="."/>

Figure 3. update.bat
SET ANT_OPTS=-cp "E:\IDE\eclipse\eclipse\startup.jar"

ant -buildfile "testBuild.xml" -lib
"E:\IDE\eclipse\eclipse\startup.jar" -verbose -debug

I need to point to some JARs that hold some java
logging handlers. Thats the point behind this.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message