ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Urgent request for testing availability of websites.
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:20:01 GMT

If you just want to make sure the URL for a website
returns a valid HTTP code (i.e. the website is
responsing) try the <waitfor> task.

We do the following to test that our Tomcat App
servers are up:

      <waitfor maxwait="30" maxwaitunit="second"
timeoutproperty="server.is.unavailable">
         <http url="${server.url}"/>
      </waitfor>
      <fail if="server.is.unavailable" message="Sorry,
the server at ${server.url} is unavailable at this
time..."/>