ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant file dependency
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 18:26:52 GMT
Take a look at the <uptodate> task and use it to set a property, say idl.has.changed,
to true.

Then create a seperate target, called invoke.idl.compiler, which contains the <exec>
task to invoke the idlcompiler.  Use the if="idl.has.changed"  attribute of the target so
that the <exec> will only be run if the idl.has.changed property is set.

Later,

Ninju

Alexey Kakunin <kaka@muromoi.net> wrote:
Hello all!

I'm quite new in ant, actuallyI'm migrating from make.
Seems it is really great tool, but I have some (probably very stupid)
question.

For example, I have a target for compiling something by using
idl-compiler. To do it I should use exec task to make SomeFile.h from
SomeFile.idl. But I want to call this exec only in case the SomeFIle.idl
was changed (has later timestamp comparing to SomeFile.h). In this case
I have some sort of file dependency (not a target dependency) - file
SomeFile.h depends from SomeFile.idl.

Is it possible to implement this sort of dependency in ant?

With best Regards,
Alexey Kakunin