ant-user mailing list archives

From Bob Smith <...@netprt.com>
Subject Question about deprecation
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:02:37 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to the mailing list, and have a question about compiling
deprecated classes.  Is it possible, when compiling with Ant, to
arrange the compilation so that deprecated classes are not ignored
during the build?

>From what I've read, the Java compiler will ignore deprecated classes
when compileing a package, and only provide comments during the
compilation of dependent packages.  We'd like to see if we can
remove deprecated classes from a build, without necessarily removing
them from the directory structure or repository.

Thanks,

-Bob