ant-user mailing list archives

From Joe Schmetzer <...@exubero.com>
Subject Re: [Junit] How to handle TestSuites correctly
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:50:22 GMT
On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 13:40 +0200, Marcel Stör wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're having major difficulties using the junit/junitreport targets with
> JUnit TestSuites.
>
> Usually, the junit target produces an XML file for each test class and
> junitreport produces a superb report based on those files. In our case,
> however, we end up with one XML file only since our TestSuite (which of
> course contains several test cases) is treated as one single test case.
> Accordingly only one HTML report is produced. It lists all tests (i.e. test
> methods), but we loose the reference to the test class that defines the test
> method. Here is a screenshot:
> http://www.frightanic.com/ant_junitreport_suite.gif
>
> Any ideas how to get a report showing the test class as well?

You want to exclude the combined suite from the batchtest, and include
all the individual tests instead. This will generate an XML file for
each test case, and the report will show each individual classname.

In your example, change the line reading

   <include name="**/AllTests.java" />

to look like

   <include name="**/*Test.java" />

This assumes that all your individual test cases use the same naming convention.

--
Joe Schmetzer .:. Renaissance Developer .:. http://www.exubero.com/