ant-user mailing list archives

From James Abley <james.ab...@volantis.com>
Subject Re: AW: Workaround for no failonerror
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:24:56 GMT
I noticed the same irritation with the catalina ant tasks last week. I
did try to check whether a webapp was already deployed prior to calling
deploy, but I couldn't work out how to capture the output of the
Catalina List Task and parse the results for the existence of the
webapp. Any suggestions as to how to do that? I thought maybe the
JmxQuery task might do it, but I haven't had time to check.

Another good way to do this would be to enhance the tasks! I was going
to create a patch this weekend if I get the time. I think my desired
features for this are to allow a failonerror attribute and also a
usefile attribute to send the output to the file, since that way I could
use <linecontainsregexp/> to validate whether the webapp is already
deployed.

James