ant-user mailing list archives

From "Karunakar Chatla" <karunak...@cybage.com>
Subject Errors on updating a filein ClearCase.
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:52:28 GMT

Hi,

I have following script in my build file.

<!-- Update build history file -->
 <target name="BuildHistory" ><!--depends="Build" -->
  <echo message="Updating build history file..." />

  <!-- check out the build history file -->
  <cccheckout viewpath="D:\kchatla\testview\kchatla_view2\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory"
        reserved="true"
        nowarn="true"
        comment="Updating build histiory"
  failonerr="true"/>

  <!-- Update the contents of the file -->
  <concat destfile="D:\kchatla\testview\kchatla_view2\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory"
force="true" eol="dos" >
  Build.Date=${Now.Date}
  Release.Version=${product.version}
  Build.Number=${build.number}
  Components=ALL
  Description=Full build, building all the components
  Build.Type=${build.type}
  Configspec=${soft.labels.path}\${configspec-win}
  Build.Label=${label.type}
  Build.Requester=${build.requester}
  </concat>

  <!-- Check in when done with the changes -->
  <cccheckin viewpath="D:\kchatla\testview\kchatla_view2\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory"
        comment="Build history updated"
        nowarn="true"
        identical="true"
  failonerr="true"/>
 </target>

I am able to checkout the file update it and check it in. but it is giving following errors
and the file is being hijacked.

cleartool: Error: size of "D:\kchatla\testview\kchatla_view2\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory"
is 322, expected 332.
cleartool: Warning: This is a "msdos" text mode view.  Is the VOB element's text mode information
correct?
cleartool: Error: Errors were encountered in loading "\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory".
cleartool: Warning: VOB updated, but failure updating snapshot view to reflect checkin of
"D:\kchatla\testview\kchatla_view2\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory": error detected by ClearCase
subsystem.

Any suggestions for avoiding this situation??

Thanks,
Karunakar Chatla