ant-user mailing list archives

From Ramnish Kalsi <rka...@Lastminute.com>
Subject RE: Copy task and timestamp
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 13:21:35 GMT
This should solve your issue:

preservelastmodified  	Give the copied files the same last modified time as
the original source files.  	No; defaults to false.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/copy.html

Its the second paramter.

ramnish.

-----Original Message-----
From: pritesh.saharey@wipro.com [mailto:pritesh.saharey@wipro.com]
Sent: 02 August 2005 14:23
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Copy task and timestamp

Hi All,
          While you use Copy task it will change the timestamp of that
file, i.e. if "old.txt" file was created on July 12, 2000 when you copy
this file on Aug 12, 2005 to certain location Copy task will change its
timestamp(or modified date) to Aug 12, 2005, hope people are getting me.
What I want is that Copy task should not change the date modified of the
old.txt file, it should retain the same old date.
How can this be achieved, can anybody give thought on this.
Actually changing of modified date doesn't give the clear picture what
was the actual modified date of the particular file.
Can any one help me out?

Wishes
Pritesh

Confidentiality Notice

this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or
Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com