ant-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Stör <mar...@frightanic.com>
Subject Re: [Junit] How to handle TestSuites correctly
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:31:22 GMT
Joe Schmetzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 13:40 +0200, Marcel Stör wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We're having major difficulties using the junit/junitreport targets
>> with JUnit TestSuites.
>>
>> Usually, the junit target produces an XML file for each test class
>> and junitreport produces a superb report based on those files. In
>> our case, however, we end up with one XML file only since our
>> TestSuite (which of course contains several test cases) is treated
>> as one single test case. Accordingly only one HTML report is
>> produced. It lists all tests (i.e. test methods), but we loose the
>> reference to the test class that defines the test method. Here is a
>> screenshot: http://www.frightanic.com/ant_junitreport_suite.gif
>>
>> Any ideas how to get a report showing the test class as well?
>
> You want to exclude the combined suite from the batchtest, and include
> all the individual tests instead. This will generate an XML file for
> each test case, and the report will show each individual classname.
>
> In your example, change the line reading
>
>    <include name="**/AllTests.java" />
>
> to look like
>
>    <include name="**/*Test.java" />

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention something....This is how used it up to now.
However, since each test will run individually, they take forever to finish.
Somehow junit forces each test to have its own application context (?).
Singletons kept in memory are lost once a new test class is loaded. If we
pack everything into one suite we can get around that.

--
Marcel Stör
http://www.frightanic.com