ant-user mailing list archives

From D'Arcy Smith <weba...@gmail.com>
Subject saving "proper" output from javac
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:45:12 GMT
Hi all,

I've searched on this and I am a bit stuck on how to do this...

I want to run the javac task and get the output (stdout and stderr)
saved to two different files.  I tried using the report task but I am
not able to get just stdout in one file and just stderr in another.
Also the output has some of the ANT messages in it - I need to have
just the plain old javac messages.

I looked at using exec but that becomes painful fairly quickly.

Is it possible to do what I want (I can even live with the ANT
messages in the output and automatically strip them out - but right
now I get the error messages written to the warning file.

Here is what I tried before the javac task:

        <record name="${file.reports.javac.warnings}"
                action="start"
                emacsmode="true"
                loglevel="info"/>
        <record name="${file.reports.javac.errors}"
                action="start"
                emacsmode="true"
                loglevel="warn"/>

All error messages are written to both files... not what I am expecting.

Thanks,

..darcy