ant-user mailing list archives

From Calum Byrom <>
Subject Fw: Cannot get FTP to get/list files on RHEL3 machine
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:39:45 GMT

I'm having problems getting my ANT build to transfer files from a remote
system to my RHEL3 box.  This works fine on my WindowsXP and SuSE9 machines
- using the following:

      <target name="ftp">
            <ftp action="get" password="${password}" server="${server}"
userid="${userID}" remotedir="${sourceDir}">
                  <fileset dir="${sandboxDir}">
                        <include name="**/${file}" />

Running in verbose mode, gives the following output (on the RH machine):

      [ftp] Opening FTP connection to <remoteMachine>
      [ftp] connected
      [ftp] logging in to FTP server
      [ftp] login succeeded
      [ftp] changing the remote directory
      [ftp] getting files
Could not load a dependent class
(com/sun/media/jai/codec/FileSeekableStream) for type image
Could not load a dependent class (com/jcraft/jsch/UserInfo) for type
Could not load a dependent class (com/jcraft/jsch/UserInfo) for type scp
Could not load class ( for
type cvsversion
Could not load a dependent class (jdepend/xmlui/JDepend) for type jdepend
Could not load a dependent class (junit/framework/TestListener) for type
fileset: Setup scanner in dir /root/build with patternSet{ includes:
[**/] excludes: [] }
      [ftp] 0 files retrieved
      [ftp] disconnecting
  [antcall] Exiting /root/build.xml.

- and similarly running a 'list' request - with a '**' wildcard to try and
pick up anything also results in '0 files listed'.  It seems that
everything works up to the point where the script is trying to detect the
remote files (i.e. the login and change dirs) - it then just fails to spot
the relevant files.  I've played around with the access permissions here
and it doesn't seem to make a difference.  Additionally, the same missing
dependencies show up in the other machine builds, but the ftp still works,
so I don't think these are the source of the problem.  I also copied over
all the ANT files between the different machines and they still work fine
on XP and SLES9 - but not RHEL.

This is driving me up the wall, so if anyone can provide any help here, it
will be much appreciated.

PS, if it's any help, here's the output using the diagnostic option:

ant -diagnostics