ant-user mailing list archives

From "Juergen Hermann" ...@web.de>
Subject RE: sort or min/max file
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:11:11 GMT
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:29:07 +0200, Schulpen, D.P.H. wrote:

>I've been fooling around with this, but it doesn't seem to be able to solve
my problem. SortList only seems able to do an ascending lexical sort, which
means that the most recent build (the one with the 'highest' build number
string) appears at the end of the sorted list. Therefore, I don't know which
group to select in PropertyRegex.

>Did I miss something?

Yeah, the $ he uses in his selection regex, which means the \1 group matches
at the very end.

>> You may want to look at the <sortlist> task (part of the
>> ant-contrib project).
>>
>> If you are happy with sorting the files based upon the name
>> you can try the following (it is what we do):
>>
>>             <path id="builds">
>>                <dirset
>> dir="${release.root}/Build_v${current.version.number}">
>>                   <include
>> name="Build_v${current.version.number}*"/>
>>                </dirset>
>>             </path>
>>             <sortlist property="sorted.builds"
>> refid="builds"/>
>>             <propertyregex property="max.build.number"
>>                            input="${sorted.builds}"
>>                            regexp="([0-9]*)$"
>>                            select="\1"/>
>>
>> Have fun...
>> --- "Schulpen, D.P.H." <D.P.H.Schulpen@student.tue.nl>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm trying to write a script to automate certain parts of unzipping
>> > the most recent build archive of an application (in this case
>> > NetBeans) in a certain location.
>> >
>> > However, I can't figure out a way to determine the most
>> recent file. I
>> > thought about uptodate.
>> > Unfortunately, I have no idea how to run the task for every
>> file in a
>> > list against all other files in the list, and determine which one
>> > returns true. I could also use lexical sorting or
>> min/max-ing on the
>> > filename, but can't seem to find a task that supports this.
>> >
>> > Some mailing list archive browsing seemed to hint that what
>> I'm trying
>> > to achive is not yet possible with 1.6.5. Is this correct?
>> If not, any
>> > pointers?
>> >

>> >  - Daan

Ciao, J├╝rgen