ant-user mailing list archives

From "S I" <xia...@hotmail.com>
Subject Doing patch builds
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:19:01 GMT
Hi

I was hoping someone could put me on the right track please.

I finally automated my whole build and deployment as well as writing code to
handle branch builds.  Now I need to write code to handle patch builds.
This is when the developers hand over couple of modified files which need to
be compiled, packaged, and delivered to our production to be deployed (in a
.war file) to the live site.

I'm not sure how to go about doing a build that looks into CVS for the
changed files, compares them to a list sent by the developers, and then it
parses out their corresponding .class & .jar files or deliverables and
packages them into a .war file?  This brings me to my next question: Does
anyone know if Tomcat needs the complete war file to explode or could it
just explode a war file which  contains only the latest modified files and
replace the files on the live site?  Any ideas?

Thank you

Steven