ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Why does Hatcher put # in front of properties.xml comments?
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:57:20 GMT

On Jul 8, 2005, at 6:04 PM, Scott Simpson wrote:
> I noticed in Hatcher's properties.xml example file from Java
> Development with Ant that he puts a # in front of the comments?
> What is the reason for this? Thanks.

Dredging up ancient painful memories...

The reason is because those # marks were used to add annotations into
the book itself.  The Manning template for code annotations requires
"# ..." marks beside code listings in (gasp) Microsoft Word.

These marks have no special meaning in properties XML files nor would
I recommend you emulate that style.

     Erik