ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nir Geier" <Nir.Ge...@unipier.com>
Subject RE: Ant with Eclipse question
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:35:49 GMT

Hi there.

Eclipse build [output] dir and ant dir make no difference.
unless you have relation between the 2.
ex.
	if you don't use ant to compile the classes and take the compiled one form eclipse you should
set
            both to the same location - since ant needs the complied classes under the build
dir.

	otherwise id dont see any real need to point them to the same location.

for your second question:
I'd love to find a good article with the subject being "the best way to use Ant in your Eclipse
project".

As far as I know there isn't any article with this title.
Eclipse is the most power tool for ant  users.
I might be wrong here but as far as I know Eclipse is the only tool with ant debugger
all other tools have same things (validation, autocompletion etc).

Hope it was helpful.

Nir.