ant-user mailing list archives

From Simon Chappell <simonpeterchapp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving the manual
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:47:00 GMT
On 7/27/05, Roedy Green <roedyg@mindprod.com> wrote:
> The big problem with the Ant manual is the people who wrote it knew
> too much. I can see various ways to make it more intelligible to the
> first timer:

Well, I actually like the Ant manual just the way it is. I find it
very useful and I get pretty much what I need from it. So please don't
force it to change.

Now, that said, I am in favour of the creation of documentation more
directly targetted at the first time or still quite new user. There
are a number of introductions to ant, but something that would take
it's time and that explained the concepts would be very useful.

I'd volunteer to help, but I'm actually working on some tutorials for
the Groovy folks.

Simon

--
www.simonpeter.com