ant-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Exception in CheckStyle task
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:50:40 GMT
Hi everyone... this might actually be a question I need to ask elsewhere,
but I figured it's a good place to start (after 20 minutes of Googling
didn't turn anything up)...

I have a CheckStyle task in my build script.  When I execute the script,
for *some* of the classes it checks, but not all, I get the following:

<file
name="C:\tomcat\webapps\app\source\com\company\app\actions\HomeAction.java">
<error line="0" severity="error" message="Got an exception -
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Exception (wrong name: exception)"
source="com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.TreeWalker"/>
</file>

This used to work, and nothing that I am aware of has changed
environment-wise.  Like I said, not all the classes it checks has this
problem, and odder still, some of the classes it checks shows this error
but then shows some items it caught, so it would *appear* that the task is
still working.

Here is the task:

<target name="static_analysis_checkstyle" if="do_static_analysis">
  <taskdef resource="checkstyletask.properties">
    <classpath
location="${app_base_dir}/source/libutils/checkstyle-all-3.5.jar" />
  </taskdef>
  <checkstyle
config="${app_base_dir}/source/libutils/checkstyle_checks.xml"
failOnViolation="false">
    <classpath refid="classpath" />
    <fileset dir="${app_base_dir}/source/com" includes="**/*.java" />
    <formatter type="xml"
toFile="${app_base_dir}/source/static_analysis_checkstyle.xml" />
  </checkstyle>
</target>

Any ideas?  Thanks!

--